Eurosensors Fellowship 2009
The Eurosensors Fellowship was established in 2001 with Harry Tilmans the recipient and has continued with Udo Weimar (2002), Uwe Schnakenberg (2003), Lina Sarro (2004), Michiel Vellekoop (2005) and Corrado di Natale (2006), and Andreas Hierlemann (2008).
The Eurosensors International Steering Committee Chair, Prof. Bob Puers, has set up a small subcommittee to consider any nominations for fellowships and to present them at the next Steering Committee Meeting at Eurosensors (i.e. September 2009).
The Eurosensors 2009 subcommittee consists of:
- Julian Gardner, UK Chair and Steering Committee
- Bob Puers, Belgium (Chair of Steering Committee)
- Arnaldo d’Amico, Italy Past Chair of Steering Committee
- Corrado di Natale, Italy Past Conference Chair & Fellow 2006
- Lina Sarro, Netherlands (Eurosensors Fellow, 2004)
- Michiel Vellekoop, Austria (Eurosensors Fellow, 2005)
The Eurosensors Fellow should satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate should have made a significant contribution to Eurosensors in the past.
- The candidate should have a good or promising research record.
- The candidate will be asked to give a plenary talk at the following Eurosensors and so should be a good communicator.
- The candidate should be expected to be a good ambassador for Eurosensors.
- The successful candidate will be awarded a certificate, named plate and honorarium in euros.
You are invited to nominate a candidate for consideration of the Fellow for Eurosensors 2009.
>> Please complete the nomination form available here to download. (Word .doc ~27 kB)
For more information, please contact :
Chair of Eurosensors Fellows Subcommittee
Julian Gardner, Warwick University, UK